Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Huh? What EarthQUAKE…?!

Woken up by my mom, rudely, didn't I tell her that I'm not going to college tomorrow (today?)
Slowly, deciphered what she was saying.
"Pri, Pri, wake up. The alarms are ringing and people are standing out, at the lobby…go do..GO DOWN!"

Finally, something out of the ordinary to look forward to.
Rubbing my eyes with the T-shirt, with my hair out place (who bloody hell cares?), took the stairs down to the lobby. It didn't help that the blue murder screaming siren was placed right next to the door leading to the stairs.

Am down now. Eek…the guards don't look approachable. Just stand around…wait…and then find out what's happening.

After 10 minutes = crap man. Everyone is speaking Chinese…how am I to understand one gibberish!

"Tsunami….better if we are near the sea.."

HUH????!!

"YES! It was shaking…the lights was shaking…the candleholder was shacking…after a while I told my husband to stop shaking his legs…I felt dizzy also! "

Sub-consciously knew that something close to an earthquake happened…and I SLEPT through it all!

After 5 minutes…

I think I should call mommy and bro down…imagine the heap of concrete on them…..scary…

When I got to my humble unit, my mom closed the door behind me…HUH?
"Hey, we need to go down, it seems it was shaking…"
"What? Huh?…Wait…check CNN"
By then, the guards down stairs were flashing lights, obviously signaling us to come down..

My mom is an emergency sucker.
"Hey what do we need to take…?"
"Just come down Ma"
"Take the handphone"
"Yah, yah, just come down…quick.."
"Wait…need to wear bra…"
hrm…I didn't even care if my tits were showing..

We are down now, looking up at our unit…
Maybe I should have taken more than my phone and purse…my certs??
Oh screw it man…
This is embarrassing…my brother is talking too loudly, attracting attention. My mom induced him into calling relatives to ask if there was some massive earthquake…people are turning and looking at us. I should stand I little further away.

Oh man, real bore, this thing…let's message Aveena…
Aveena, the drama queen told me that other condominium settlers were being evacuated too…how joyous!

So, at about 1.30 a.m. everyone got bored and decided that screw it if the thing falls down now, we need our slumber. My brother refused to turn-off the BBC. Imagine, a 9-year-old interested in a bunch Brits repeating over and over and over again that it was an 8.2 - 8.5 Richter scale Earthquake, offshore west to Banda Aceh.

I have to finish this Physics paper…before that, wish Aveena nite nite.


Energised to Diana Ross's I'm coming out

4 Comments:

Blogger fishtail said...

Like you, one of my colleagues was evacuated from her apartment. Instead of hanging around, she went to her car and slept inside.

9:50 AM  
Blogger fishtail said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:51 AM  
Blogger fishtail said...

Survey has shown that when people rushed out of their apartments that night (or morning), the fathers grabbed their wallets, the mothers grabbed their bras, and the students? They grabbed their handphones.

7:37 PM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear Fishtail,

you're making me seem like a bimbo.

But really, when we start driving, we get so used to taking only the purse and handphones. It was a matter of habit..

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home