Friday, April 08, 2005

Single but really, Unavailable

I'm exhausted. Imagine having weights stuck on your neck, pulling you down persistently. After 5 days of 'warring' (exams) with an average of 2.4 battles (papers) a day, in the North Pole (Lecture Theater E), I felt like 'celebrating' with a late banana leave lunch with a friend that I haven't been spending time with, thanks to this pointless wager I made with Cambridge International Examinations.

As it turns out, she came to college looking all spooked out-having missed her Law Paper because she was too sleepy - studying for the said paper the entire night before. She looked so pitiful; I didn't want to bug her. Ended up sitting at the orange-y cafeteria in college that I like more now since I'm getting discounts after months of flattering the canteen operators. She left after a while, but no harm, carried on with my late lunch - now turned very early dinner with a classmate (Dena) and a dear friend (Halim).

I was gulping down my Maggie Mee Tomyam soup when Dena noticed a 'hot guy'. Well, he was kind of cute, but, really, just wasn't my type. He was well built though. Halim gave us the background check on this guy, who turns out to be from Syria. Let's baptise him Syria, shall we, to make my write-up a little less tedious?

Syria sat on the next row facing me. As Dena and I listened and giggled at Halim's narration of Syria, it was only natural for me to look at Syria, right? I glanced at him, a little more than I should. That’s when he caught my eye. He looked back, and I quickly shifted my focus to my soup with residues of maggie mee in it. The weird thing is, he didn't stop looking…instead he started smiling. He was under the impression I was checking him out…opps!

By then, I stared laughing. I know, I shouldn't have but I've got the funny bone. It was tickling me too much, so much so I was on the brink of sprouting 'holy water' on Dena. I explained to Halim and Dena what happened and blamed in all on Dena, arguing that he was checking her out. They didn't let me go away easily though. They insisted he was checking me out. I highly doubt it, considering that I looked like trash. According to Ms. Sathya, I have the excuse to, since we are having exams, but, seriously, everyone else is dressed to kill!

Halim started threatening to bring him over for introduction and the sorts, but I wasn't the least bit interested. Honestly, I couldn't careless about his existence while Dena was saying how happy she would be if he was checking her out. By then, Syria had joined another group of friends and was sitting on our row.

Thankfully, my ride was waiting for me outside, so I excused myself and left. Dena, cheeky as she is, shouted…"Bye PRIYA!" Like as though he was going to catch my name. How ridiculous is that?

I'm currently laughing my head of, still. It's bloody hilarious. A few months ago I would have been excited, but now, oddly enough, I'm shrugging away all this bullshit with a laugh. I'm honestly not interested. The question is - WHY?


Condescending with Faith Evan's Hope(or is it Hopeful?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home