Saturday, September 24, 2005

From The Other Side Of The World


Greetings from Nottingham!!!

After a 13 hour flight that left my legs cramp and my back battered (it didn’t help that the couple next to me were rubbing their aching limbs for each other), I reached Manchester only to be taken on a coach ride to Nottingham. Tried my very best to stay awake, but I dozed out due to exhaustion. Hence, missed the country side, but it was night by the time I got to the Uni.

Oh well, had a very tiring week. Tour around the whole University Park Campus, which includes the medical school and QMC(Queen Medical Centre) with dearest Saddiq. He’s really good with maps. We had loads of fun. We finally went Hunk Huntin’. Cool dude, that Saddiq. He rated all my subjects judiciously. And he can really dance! We went barn dancing and did monkey business most of the time.

He’s gone to Sutton Bonnington now, a good 12 miles away. I’m in Florence Boot Hall, in University Park itself. An old hall. Incidentally, am the only Malaysian I think. So yeah, going to have to say “Heyya” instead of the “Hello”.

Home students, meaning the Brits are suppose to be arriving tomorrow. The campus isn’t really full right now. No idea what to expect. Hope we get to blend in nicely.

Until the next post then. Like I promised, this is a picture of the Trent Building. And yes, it’s bright and sunny here. It’s bloody cold anyway. Ironic, but am walking, sitting and spending most of my time under the sun instead of staying in the shade like I use to back home. I am after all on the other side of the world.

Current Music: Verve Pipe's The freshmen

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the weather here is kinda awful though eh...it's been raining for the past 2 days here in oxford

7:52 PM  
Blogger fishtail said...

Nottingham? Hmm, please do send my regards to Robin Hood when you meet him. And Friar Tuck too.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home