Monday, August 08, 2005

From Afar

Had my first taste of Bourbon today, and my first swig of Hennessy - neat.
Eyed a Salem Light cigarette while a friend nonchalantly smoked on the table. I wondered if she would let me have a taste if I asked. As it turned out, I will never know the what her answer would be.

Went over to Bhav's place after that. We had ice cream that I served to more than 10 people - each ordering their choice. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry only or mixed. I added freshly cut bananas and strawberries on my serving. Once every bowl was empty, I decided there was no harm in finishing the entire stack of strawberries with a generous helping of hot, melted baking chocolate. My chagrin was not unnoticed - no one scolded me though.

Later, visited Bhav's room. Coolest room as yet! And VERY unlike the fallen demon image she carries. We saw her library and borrowed all we could. Bhav - librarian like, turned on her laptop and recorded each of our choices - she would then know who to kill if anything went missing.

Her shoe collection - one word - WOW. She has a spilling 30 over count. My recent fetish for boots had a chance to finally indulge. Panted and struggled to get into a $(Aussie) 40 red, vixen boots. Was suprised to find that despite the 2.5 inch heel, I was not trying to remain upright. Huge problem to walk with it though. I ended up marching around the room.

Another cool feature in Bhav's crib - her around 90 year old grandma. She totally ignored me when we greeted her upon entering the house. She just didn't see me, instead she went on chanting and turning over her prayer beads although I was within inches of her. Left me feeling uncomfortble. But when we were about to leave, we went to her to bade her goodbye. This time I was not invisible. She took my hand, held it awhile then placed it on her forehead. Was deeply touched, though I would never know if it was a good sign or not at such a junction in my life. Eerie.


Current music: Keri Noble's Talk to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger fishtail said...

Congrats, Bondi. Awesome!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home