Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Know Thyself - Desperate Housewives' Style

Oh, absolutely adore Tuesdays! It's such a ticklish galore - Ladies Night!! Thank god for the double dose of it - first on 8TV (an episode ahead) followed closely by Astro. Nope, not married yet, no ring on my finger, but that's okay, I LOVE Desperate Housewives.

No, no, no. I don't think it's premature for me to say so, considering I have only seen 3 episodes of the first season. There's nothing quite like it. And oh how joyful to add this to its credentials - my mom is actually excited about my preference too! For the first time in my entire life - only 18++ years to boost - she admits to like a show I enjoy. So far, she has been trying to be discreet, smiling instead of roaring in laughter like I do at the quirky antics of the adventurous foursome - but she can't hide it from me!

Somewhere during the 3rd episode, I suddenly thought to myself - Which desperate housewife would I be? Can't be too hard right? There's only the four of them plus the Bi*ch - Edie. (ooops, pardon the language)

Let's cross them out first, always the easier thing to do.

All in all, I cannot ever, in a million years, imagine myself to be Bree Van de Kamp. Too immaculate, scrupulous, perfect. 15/20 years from now, I would probably have 2 pimply teenage kids, a rat house and yes, my hubby would have walked out the door without the courtesy of trying marriage counseling prior to the act. I'm just no Stepford wife, that's all. Maybe, maybe, a little bit of Bree that is bossy, I'll-do-it-for-you-since- you-are-totally-useless, I can safely say is inherent in me. So far in the season, this same attitude is the chief reason why Rex walked out on Bree after the failed dinner party. Sad.

Gabrielle. Crossing out Bree wasn't absolute, but Gabrielle, goodness. I am so far from the model looks that I know for certain I wouldn't be a former model with everything a possessive husband can give. By Carlos' standards, that's everything. I just don't see an apparition of myself in a crystal ball where I would be *ucking a 17-year-old. And by no means would one be smitten by me so much so I would be receiving a 'perfect' rose. That's priceless to the petite, by far the prettiest of all the housewife's.

The brood that Lynette has - I just know - call it woman's intuition - that I would be in the same, very desperate situation. With kids who just scream, leave the house in a mess and turn my life on Earth a chaotic hell. I can even taste it. Wouldn't you agree if I say she looks the worst - haggard I mean. That's me -NOW, I don't have to wait till I have kids!!! But she has the sweetest husband though. He tries (to make their marriage a happy one) by wearing a sombrero and dancing in the dining room with his kids as the audience. Despite his willingness to simply 'risk' it because he can't wait till he locates a condom - JERK! - he doesn't seem so bad after all. When everything is done I guess all a woman want is recognition and appreciation.

Susan, oh Susan. Simply the lead and the undoubted star of the show. The vulnerable thing is she…
Er, I see too much of myself in her than I care to admit. You know, the perpetually depressed, wanting something to happen complex. Even trivial things become so blown out of proportion that in the end, she gets hurt - or maybe I'm talking about myself. But, hey, I would welcome a plumber that can come to, tsk tsk, 'fix' my pipes. (Darn suggestive isn't it, precisely why I adore this show!). Mike, mike, Mike - how I swoon for you. Wiping my drool now. Wouldn't it be cool to have a cute guy chance upon you naked and to have his only assessment of you an exclaimed "Wow"?!!

Conclusion. Conclusion = I'm a lil' bit of Bree and a lot of Lynette and Susan, how about you?


Current music: Cindy Lauper's True colours.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jollivet said...

I see myself in Susan too..heh think we all do..haha u'd knoe abt the garbage i succumbed to in getting due attention!

5:39 PM  
Blogger princess poopy said...

I love this show!!

Gabs is so lucky! Great wardrobe, hot guy.. not sure if i AM her but i'd like 2 BE :p

*dania*

10:07 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Don't usual do this, replying comments posted in my very own blog...but hey, why miss the chance to hone my psycho-analytic skills when it comes knocking on my door??!!

Jolly....jolllyyyy...
still thinking bout ur barfing capabilities...tsk tsk..jk. Really, think pseudo-wills will love u just as u r. Despite the 15kg upload he had, u still don't mind the moobs he grew, so why should he mind the paranoid side of u? heheh....love ya!

Princess poppy.
sorta cought on that u were p.poppy all along. lets see, give a huge tick for the petite and pretty sector that u share wif Gab. What else? the adultress side, well, i wouldn't know would i? tsk tsk. I doubt you face probs in the admirers department though.

cheers!

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home