Thursday, August 18, 2005

Monumental

Leaving soon, so soon. Cliché to say it’s too soon, but at times it is. Then again, I would wonder it’s just not soon enough.

Not surprising though that I’m basically running around a lot these days. Doing this, that and what not. Eaten by the nomadic bug, and looking at my personal possessions, I am actually very light footed. Eerie at the amount of things that I would rather keep in memory than to carry them around – for that tangible quality.

One thing I have to commit to memory – FOOD. At least the food my gastronomic system is used to.

Rather than doing what is sensible – learning how to cook - I can’t bring myself to wear an apron and participate in the potentially dangerous activity, I’m gorging myself with any desserts I can find, a task of monumental importance, I would say.

Just finished a box of moon cakes, YUMMY. And every time I go for tosai I end the meal by lapping up all the Indian desserts I fancied since I was a kid.

Haven’t managed to get hold of Lemang – obviously out of season. Pulut – god, don’t go there. I have avoided it as much as I crave for it – my waist has thickened to such an extent I don’t want to reveal.

Dodol – ah….where to find you sticky, gummy, sweet heavenly ball I eventually roll you into.

Funny, I have a million pictures in my head of all the colourful, sweet delights, but I can’t conjure their names. Sad right, a Malaysian I call myself.

What’s it called – that green popiah like thing with browned coconut innards?

Ah – the spicy, hot Pulut Udang. Must go to Pasar Malam man.

I better stop. Extreme gluttony can be very gross.

Current music: Wacko Jacko’s Do you remember.

p.s – Nottingham made me an offer and I’m pleased to announce I'm delightfully taking it up!! YEAY!!!! Finally got to their heads I’m more than worthy. Stupid fools.
That buys me more time, will be leaving on the 20th instead of the 8th of September. More time to Gorge!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Innerflame7 said...

Nottingham? THE NOTTINGHAM UNI??
DAmn...now...i'm envious...i can only dream of goin there...wat luck eh...congrats...do post some pics of the place for unlucky souls like myself who have to be content with juz dreams and not substance

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home