Friday, August 27, 2004

A Typical BoNdI's Morning

Everybody has bad days, no doubt. The wonderful thing is, everyone is privileged enough to have some kind of warning of the coming calamities. This premonition, lasting a second to a full lenght episode of a suspence-drama, could also be part of the events contributing to a hellish day. Mine, basically does not differ from the world wide definiton of a bad day and it happens almost everyday!

My premonition however begins the every first second I open my eye-lids. To give you an idea of what it's usually like...

I open my eyes, partially that is, to welcome the blinding light of my room (it's a 'mood light', and yet, it's blinding to me) left on due to an unplanned early sleep when all I intended was a 15 minutes nap before I start turning the leaves of a textbook. I try my best to pry my eyes open without the application of continual vigorous rubs with my fingers. Of course, application of which would result on more pain. I had the unfortunate experience once where I almost pushed my eye-balls in so much I winced in pain and felt awkward for the rest 30 minutes. The only way to force my eye-lids to its greatest extension capacity was to go straight to the tap of cruelly cold-mountainous water and rub in on my eyes. Having succeeded to view my surrounding in a murky, dizzy and hazy way, I would go scrambling for my watch, to see what on earth the time is . Since I took an illegal spell of unconsiousness ( aka sleep) I would usually wake up with a jolt, knowing I should be at the desk instead of being hugged by my comfortable, squishy pillows. As it often is, the time would show an impossible 2.30-3.30 a.m, which leaves no other options but to simply crawl to bed to savour the rest of the dark hours of the day...

On the days where I didn't commit the crime of partaking on an illegal bout of unconsiouness, apart from unruly eye-lids, there would be this aching spine, complaining ceaselessly on how I wronged it by twisting my shape in an odd formation to get to La-La Land. Since its my habit to sleep face-down, The Lower Back always argues with The Higher Back on how I choose to discriminate all the time. Other parts of my body is not left out in the mutiny headed by The Lower Back. Furthermore, my preference in sleeping positions would result in one side of my cheek, usually the left, squashed so badly. An inspection on the mirror would unleash a whole valley of volcanoes and angry lurid lava with chasms as wide as the pillow cases can imprint.

The Mouth....I musn't omit this guy out of the mutinous gang of ruffians.... Bad peanuts taste would prevail on my tongue although I never had peanuts the night before. And the gums, my gosh....such pain.... Since The Gum has to wear Ms. Retainers ( a legacy from Mr. Braces ), I would be embraced with a stinging, contricting pain.

Sleep, even this activity that fuels the body seems to be playing two parts when it comes to me. I often wake up with nothing but a sense of lethargy. Rarely have I woken up to feel as fresh as a baby. ...

Now tell me, why is it that 3 out of 5 college days do people tell me I look tired?


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i said you always smile.. -P-

7:17 AM  
Blogger yingks said...

Gosh is there nothing that's worth doing...including sleep??! :P

I think the reason you don't sleep well is that you're actually 'studying' unconsciously while you're 'sleeping'. That's it!

So just take your foot off the gas, and ..sleeeeeep... then you'll be as fresh as a bear.

8:26 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear -P,

Honestly, why do you think i smile. To mask this horrible cruppled face of mine, although most people can see through it and the very second they see me...they say "okay....you look tired". Perhaps its a better way to say "I look better than you, HAH!"

9:02 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear YingKs!

The gas? What gas? If you want to know, there's only 3 things i do, EAT, SLEEP, and STUDY!
The fact that i don't look healthy after sleeping would point out some medical afflictions? Why is there a perpetual panda look on my face?

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home