Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Case of 28 or 82

At 2015, Malaysian time on Tuesday, the silly ring tone of my handphone persistantly demanded my attention. I had to put on hold a bunch of sentences for my biology lab report just to grab that idiotic piece of equipment which was on my dressing table. Dragging my sticky body after my jog around the nearby park, I reluctantly pressed the button with a green coloured receiver on it. Just before I did, I recieved an impulse from my brain..

Brain : You are avoiding the number that ends with 28..

When I took a peek at the blue screen of my bloody NOKIA I saw 82 at the end of the number.

Brain : You scape-grace of a fool BoNdI, was it 28 or 82 you were avoiding?..

Unable to decide, with the failure of my brain memory system, I reluctantly pressed a button with an emblem of green receiver tarnishing its silvery hue.

Unknown : Hello?..................Hello?
Brain : Think, think, THINK! Is that the voice you are avoiding?
Me : I don't know, it's kind of deep, that voice I heard...... wasn't deep. It had the pitch of a
woman's...
Brain : Don't say anything. Just be silent.
Me : WHAT! Leave the voice to entertain itself....okay....I really can't decide..

I then pressed the complimentary button with a red reciever emblem.

Almost immediately, the phone rang again..

Me : I'm going to pick this up. And if it's that the salesman that sent me a very weird message,
I shall just say wrong number...
Brain : WAIT you mutt!

Unknown : Hello
Me : Hello?
Unknown : Is this BoNdi?
Me : Yes...
Unknown : I'm your doctor.
Brain : MAYDAY-MAYDAY! ALERT! ABORT PHONE CALL! ABORT!
Me : Huh? Huh? euh...euh....I think you got the wrong number....
Brain : ABORT! You want to talk to a maniac selling, god knows what? ABORT!
Unknown : No, this is BoNdI, right?
Me : Yes, (oh gosh, what am I DOING?)
Unknown : I'm your family doc. I'm returning your call on the rabies you contracted?
Brain : See. SEE! GO ON TALKING SOMEMORE! SEE WHAT YOU DID. THAT DUMB
MANIAC IS SAYING YOU HAVE RABIES NOW. AND GUESS WHAT, YOU JUST
WROTE AN INCRIMINATING ARTICLE ABOUT A DOG! HE'S STALKING YOU!
Me : HUH?
Unknown : Remember a dog bit you..
Brain : BoNdI, BoNdI! It's YingKs! YingKs!
Me : YingKs! YINkS! What the hell, you scared me like shit! CRAP YOU! OH MAN!!
YingKs! : hahahahahahhah

Emotionally tested, I was really tired after conversing with YingKs!. He gave me a pointer when avoiding someone. Instead of relying on your brain,

Brain : Hey, what the heck! I'm the one that helped you ace....

save the number and name it as DANGER. Don't delete it and apply some memorize the last two digits technique.








10 Comments:

Blogger yingks said...

Poor BoNdI, dear old Dr. Jones was so horribly terrified when he heard you contracted Rabies. How could you be so nasty to him. I think Dr. Jones will never call on you again. :P

6:13 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear YingKs!

With much regret and sorrow, BoNdI hopes Dr.Jones' decision would be reversed out of the fact that time was spent for him during lunch today. The only repayment expected on his part is of continual visitation on miragebondi.blogspot and a call or two whenever necessary.

my heartiest appreciation upon your waste of time in my blog site.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 words - My sympathies -P-

7:58 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear P,

That is all??! Well more than enough.
How's your stay in Ipoh coming along? I'm dying with inactivity here, and the mere reluntance on my part to do my homework has brough about more doubts on whether i would be able to keep up with my resolution to be "a better student"...LIFE!

9:11 AM  
Blogger yingks said...

HEY! It was a waste of time on Dr. Jones, eh!?

Btw, -P- must be the Ipoh girl miniminimini right? Does she have a blog? And how nice. She never visits mine. Hmph!

11:12 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear YingKs!

Wasted time spent on me isn't truly wasted (where the heck is this going..??)

Yes, it's miniminimini. I think she does visit your blog, but she doesn't write comments...i think...don't worry..

12:50 AM  
Blogger fishtail said...

The good news is that the source of your sorrows is not going to be there anymore, thanks to a major restructuring exercise.

2:21 AM  
Blogger yingks said...

Fishtail refers to Rabies:)

4:47 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear fishtail,

I have decided to be philosophical in responce to you comment...

"What joy is there without pain?"
"What is to become of complains, without the reason to do so?"
"Without the unusual, how is it to harness the creativity of the soul"
"The incandid dog shall be missed....dearly"

Yah right....good riddance!

8:16 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear YingKs!

Thank you for making it less painful for my brain to do the thinking of who fishtail was refering to....

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home