Sunday, October 09, 2005

4 Shots of Vodka and a Goose Fair Later


Had my hall’s tutorial dinner on Wednesday. It was a Twister Paper. Yes, the game where forms get contorted and laughed about later. Much to my happiness, we didn’t have to play the game. The food was exquisite, needless to say. Green Thai Curry, Briyani Rice, Garlic Naan, Blue Jelly, Banana Custard, and some miscellaneous fruits. After dinner was done, we started playing dinner table games. In an effort to blend in, I was game enough for it. The games were simple yeah, but it was all new to me. There was ‘Gentlemen’s Game of 21’ and ‘some frog jumping into the pond and splash’ or the other. Point is I sucked at it. The penalty? Neat shots of Vodka.

4 times dude! 4! And I never had shots before in my entire life. After 4 I got pretty scared of doing something undignified, so yeah, I ran away. Might I add, there was a class scheduled at 9 the next morning. I had no intention to miss classes nursing a hangover on my first official Uni week. But, hey, it was quite an experience. For the record, am not a fan of vodkas, doubt I will ever be.

The next day, Thursday, we, the Notts M’sia Society went to the Goose Fair. Supposedly the oldest fair in the country. It was a regular fair, except there wasn’t Nasi Lemak, Laksa, Kuih, Satay or Ramli Burger. It was jumbo sized Hotdogs, chocolates, candied apples, fudges, doughnuts, candy flosses and some rides - lame, in comparison to Genting Highlands. Had fun though. Running around and watching guys play games just to win a soft toy for girls they were courting for the night.

Those were the highlights. On a minor note, an eye-candy bumped into our gig held in my room. He plays the saxophone. How yummy is that?!

p.s - My tagboard can't be view thanks to the Uni's server. Feel free to leave a comment. Thanks Meera, for reading my tags and posting a reply for me. Muax!


Current Music: James Brown's Play that funky music white boy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a wonderful blog here! Without doubt I will return for another look ! I have a lowering cholesterol site. It definitely encompasses a lot that corresponds to lowering cholesterol material. If you have got the chance, your are welcome to come and check it out.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Best Choice said...

I was at Nottingham Uni in the early 70s and never made it to the Goose Fair - well I do not rember it if I did. The nearest I know I have got to the Goose Fair is my website www.goosefair.co.uk

I see that University live still revolves around alcohol.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home