Friday, October 29, 2004

Whispers of Appreciation

To commemorate the ‘One-Week-Anniversary’ of my sad attempt to subterfuge Cambridge, I have written a personalized blog-ticle to those that in one way or another supported me through it. So scroll down to see if you made the cut!

Dearest…

Aveena :
Sorry dear, kicked my arse instead of his. Made a complete fool of myself. Instead of being ‘all-intelligent’ ended up feeling all prim and proper. But, all is well, life shall go on. Had tremendous fun during our ‘two-hour’ talk over the phone. I’m most probably the only one to actually reap the rewards of your upgraded philosophy – “Everybody needs to bitch about somebody every day sometimes”….

Padmini :
Touched by your immense faith in me and the Lord. You were certainly the only one that included me in her prayers. It calmed me, in ways I can’t quite account for. Blessed to know someone like you – muaks!!

Alyssa :
Hrmmm, yah. You’re lucky I didn’t show up on Friday. Would have been the cause of an epidemic – ‘The Eardrum Popping Voice’. Mine is still intact though. It had to single-handedly listen to my melodious voice, just to calm my fatigued nerves. Notice the ‘unity’ of my sensory faculties?

Deena :
Your hug was hesitant at first. But, from cheek-to-cheek, it was the warmest hug I ever had. Thanks a bunch!

Luke :

My compatriot in distress…

Luke-y the Looney,
The tables are turned perhaps. It’s you who has to fork up a meal at TGI Friday’s [pause] Thanks! Thinking back, I must have looked like a poor-lost-pup, for you offered a hug, which I regrettably declined (partly because daddy was lurking around the corner =) ) . You were unreasonably quick to realize my tease-able nature and exploited it mercilessly, to the extent of shifting my focus. Thank heavens it lasted only a moment ( was that your strategy by the way? ). “Information is the Key to Power”. No wonder you didn’t hunt me down to ask about my Mock Interview. You did all your homework, even as far as knowing my performance in it, direct from its source..[despicable, despicable ]. Heard of privacy, Luke? You are quite expensive, as evident in your blog. You raised your demands. There’s a remote possibility I’ll comply to them ( don’t avoid the fact you are hoping you’ll never get your starbucks coffee). As to whether Sebastian from ‘Little Mermaid’ is a crab or a lobster or even a prawn, I don’t give 2 cents!

But, to sum it all of:
1)Yes, we should have coffee together sometime.
2)Agree that Capricornians are very competitive in nature and make their allies their nemesis, in the end, having the whole jumble in a heap of confusion.
3)DO NOT agree that if you were Zijian, you would give me a hug…simply because…..oh…..incapable .....oh gosh!....to simply put it…..Unlikely.
4)You better start saving for an extravagant meal for me.
5)I’m proud and will brazenly attest to my ‘dirty-mindedness’.
6)No, did not have an entirely joyous time in the interview room.
7)Yes, you bug me more than I bug you, despite many attempts (very ashamed of this failure)
8)Yes, would very much like to install you as my punching bag – to vent out Anger.
9)Thank you for the …positive energy on my Big Day. It helped!

Ms. Kana:
Apart from being the weirdest student in class, you’re not the only one who is wondering why Cambridge invited me for an interview. Your plans to send them a picture of me standing on a chair placed strategically at KDU’s entrance as a result of me forgetting my notes will not be necessary. I guess it’s OK to say ‘I don’t know’. Thank you for the support and trust.

Mr. Warren:
Yes, conducted a FBI search. The result of which revealed a stocky, gruff looking middle age man. It helped – at least I knew who I was going to act ‘all-intelligent’ to. Other than that, I proved to be a total bimbo…oh..how wasted.

Mr. Andrew :
Taking a shot isn’t the problem. My gun is brand new. It hasn’t even gone through the quality check yet. Worse, the factory wasn’t ‘zero-defect’ certified. Missed the bulls eye. Argggg!!

Zijian:
A curt ‘No’ at 6.30 a.m is quite an unpleasant way to begin a new day, an important one at that, don’t you think so? Nevertheless, I think I would do better in a masquerade than ‘regurgitating’ in the library. Thanks for the pat on the back!

Aleeysa, Amrit, Angie, Amir :
All those ‘Complete Me’ from Jerry Maguire, didn’t really help. But what matters most is your apparent concern and pity for a demented soul. Thanks you guys. Muaks.


IF in any case, I forgot to mention others, please accept my apologies. I have problems in remembering things…



8 Comments:

Blogger smartass said...

Uhm... you are welcome I guess. But next time I agree that you have to choose a better place and not the library for uhm... 'masquerading'. And the 'no' was thanks to my default handphone, well better late than never they say. =)

4:51 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

1. On the contrary, I'm really hoping I do get my starbucks coffee....i'm sick of eating maggi mee for the whole duration of the exam period...due to a LACK OF MONEY(!)..and laziness to wake up and take a walk from sleep after spending too much time bullying Egyptians and Norsemen into submission..and it would be really cool if you could get in. If ANY of us can get in. sigh.

2. I DON'T know how well you did in your mock interview, my source only muttered 2 lines. And I couldn't hunt you down because I had...more Norsemen to kill. And my own frayed emotions to entertain with trials, lack of blogging inspiration, maggi mee headaches all pounding on my door...and an exam around the corner..i recall..

3. You're teasible? Really? I thought I was being friendly :)

4. You seemed joyous enough when you came out, which is really cool. Care to elaborate? At least you didn't get asked stuff like "The Oh-So-Wonderful-Significance of the discovery of little string-like-molecules-that-are-supposed-to-be-the-bricks-that-make -human-beings".

5. Why do I have to fork up a meal at TGI's?

6. Sebastian is a CRAB.

Anyway, you have my sincerest congratulations :D Well done! We've gotten past the bloody thing, now we can just sit back and pray. Perhaps, with many strokes of good fortune, we'll all end up in that darned bridge-place....

11:13 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear truncated,

If you knew me well enough, i often get the entire equation wrong, thus reacting in the wrong way, entirely. I was elated it was all over, the moment i returned to Earth, not because i had a joyous time inside. It's only a few weeks--months later that i will realise my careless mistakes and Then start thinking how i blasted my chance to bring well, prestige, integrity and to some form of importantance in my otherwise useless and slothful existance. in other words, i'm a plane NUT. If they had mental stability test included in their bloody-blasted-stupid-irratating-useless-pointless admission test, you know where i would most certainly fail.

by the by, good luck preparing for BMAT. I have most certainly given up!

10:53 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear smartass,

Would you kindly suggest a better venue for 'regurgitating' ? The toilet is totally out of question. Your cranky handphone is gone, but your mind is still here.

cheers!

10:55 AM  
Blogger fishtail said...

You're welcome. See you at the tea shop by the Bridge of Sighs over the River Cam!

3:15 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear fishtail,

Yes,yes, the security guard would think twice about letting me in, sob sob sob!

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaawww.. *sob* im so touched.. hehe. anywayz, your welcome. -P-

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love your blog.. Pleasant colors & theme.

Did you make this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my own site and would like to know where you got this from or what the theme is called. Appreciate it!

Here is my website - weight management

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home