Monday, April 23, 2007

I Want To Be A Neurosurgeon


I want to be a neurosurgeon. Yes, the decision is finally made. I need no longer to say I’m keeping my options open, I need no longer squirm when those surrounding me appear to have a direction ahead of them; I lost mine after successfully enrolling in med school. For 1 year and a little more, its been about “What now?”. Yeah, I could hope for graduating the very least..

But neurosurgery…why?

I love how I don’t know where anything is. My brain anatomy is spectacular.

I love how every term inspires my imagination. It works wonders on my attention span.

I love how I’m learning a new language; and here I was with the delusion that Tamil was harder (I’m a coconut by the way).

I love the challenge of memorising 45 odd lectures within 27 days.

I love how there are motor and sensory pathways from the brain to the spinal cord and vice versa. I always had the knack of getting lost from my place to the store not 1 minute away.

I love how I can remember everything I read just a second ago.

I love very minuscule diagram our dearest lecturers replicated for us; I should change my prescription from uni to bi-focused.

I love waking up everyday knowing I’m going to do so well, the exam board might offer me a 2nd go at it after summer holidays.

I absolutely love Functional Behavioural Neuroanatomy!


Current music: Foy Vance’s Gabriel and the Vagabond (Grey’s Anatomy OST)

5 Comments:

Blogger jw said...

ooo sarcasm!! well all the best for revisions and FBN!

7:29 PM  
Blogger YueN said...

I love all that too... and i'm quite sure they love me back cos they just won't go away.

Good luck then!

And am really looking forward to seeing you. I'll be on hols for the entire june so yea...see you then!!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Saddiq said...

wanna be mcdreamy yea? u know what they say, if u can't get em, be em.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Saddiq said...

owh what happened to oohlala.blogspot or spankmeharder.blogspot? i like those much better.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jollivet said...

heh. go u neurosurgeon. demented urself, surely, but u'll cure them of the blocks in the brains.

u never fail to make me proud.

its 2.45am and im demented myself, bleary eyed, and have just abt a million things running through me head enough to keep sleep away for now. though i need and want it so badly.

carpe diem!

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home