Friday, December 31, 2004

First 10 hours

2231


Just crushed a hairy teeny-weenie bug with a pen tip. There's a blot of yellow slug on the paper now… gross. The slug's equivalent to blood anyway. Am frantically pushing myself to complete these blasted notes for a month now. It's one hell of a load, and it's about kidneys. Kidneys and urine go side by side - explains why I get turned off easily. Discovered that my lecturer's handwritten notes are nothing short of crap. The task of reading through page after page of the same thing and making concise notes is simply arduous. Ugh!!! Oh, and never leave a phone to vibrate on a hollow plastic material unless you want your heart to beat against its cage. Eerie…


2336


Saw a carrot and a broccoli fight WWF style in Daddy's Day Care. Am trying to stifle my roaring laughter. Everyone at home is asleep. Seeing a bunch of kids at diaper wearing age in a line, tagging behind the guitar man is really something not of this world. Kids would have to be very bright for that, and not many are. They're adorable though. It's just far more engaging that Osmoregulation.


0044


44 minutes into the last day of the year. Am tired of Biology already. Rubbing my callused fingers and wondering what to do next. For now :

1)there are 16 lighted units in Block A of my condominium unit (out of 114)
2)I unit has their Christmas tree still intact - complete with colourful lights and displayed rightly near a window for everyone to see.
3)1 unit has lighted candles placed on the balcony's furniture. Judging by the voices, my guess is they are having a heart-to-heart-girl talk.
4)The roads and wet and glistening, thanks to the tired orange glow of the street light.
5)The guards are restless and smoking the night away, as usual.
6)My legs feel so cold…

This is going to be a long night…

0620

Couldn't resist the refuge of unconsciousness. Dozed off at 0122. All this years of planning to be wide awake at 0530 on 31st of December have fallen onto deaf ears, even if its my own. Tried and failed on my 18th year. So basically, exactly 18 years ago, I was 50 minutes old. My guess is the nurses were still haggling over me. Mom always said my birth was quick although I never had any way to check. The holiday season devoured all the doctors, and so the nurses were first on the scene when I decided to take a peek into the world. I was actually late - very late. Was due on the 28th. The doctors had C-section planned during mid day of the 31st if I still refused to show up. Given enough encouragement, I measured up, I suppose.


0708


The sky is bluish-purple, the perfect colour to paint your room with. But, it just fails miserably at creating that contrast between heaven and earth the world gasp and awes at sunrise. You have the ceaseless drizzle through the night to blame for that. It's still misty and dank-everything is just hanging in the air. It must be very cold outside. The lobby's flooring has an unsightly colour, courtesy of the rain. I can hear the flapping of the pigeon's feathers. This place is filled with really fat and slovenly ones. Pure white pigeons are not rare. As a car cruises along the road, the puddle splashes. I think I'll skip a morning jog and replace it with an evening appointment. The mist is clearing up fast - visibility is improving by the minute..


0832


Listening to my aunt singing 'happy birthday' in a squeaky voice. She claims it's actually her 1-year-old son singing. She booked me tomorrow. The job - to baby-sit Calvin while my mom and her indulged in a girls-day-out. Birthday greetings are getting quirky these days. At zero hour, had a few but the weirdest one to date is "…so you can finally get drunk & and sex." Didn't know you need a license for both vices. It's so….repressive. Still dizzy with sleepiness. Am not hungry yet although breakfast was 2 hours ago. Digestion's vaguely improving. 2 more pages of notes to do and I'm done. Currently home alone - that's license to do anything I want.



4 Comments:

Blogger fishtail said...

Happy Birthday, BoNdI!

2:54 AM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear Fishtail,

THANKS a bunch....oh just a minute ago, received a tiny card from Judy...wonder how she knew my birth day. So weird...

hahhaha

8:35 AM  
Blogger smartass said...

Am assuming you have failed in your quest to stay awake for the remaining 20 hours or so. Or issit that after finally having your dose of liquer and sex, you decided that blogging cannot compare to either, thus your lack in effort to blog. Or issit that ur life has turned too explicit to be shown.(knowing you, it is definitely not the latter). Neway, a belated birthday to you!

12:52 PM  
Blogger BoNdI said...

Dear smartass,

Patients is a virtue...But

Leaving aside formalities :

BLOODY HELL YOU!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home